I do plenty of ML data-analytics work in areas like financial
prediction and clinical trial data analytics, even some NLP stuff like
medical question answering -- for commercial projects in those domains
of course I am using the same quantitative accuracy measures as
everyone else.   This sort of thing certainly has its place, I just
don't think it's the right sort of way to measure incremental progress
toward AGI...

-- ben

--
Ben Goertzel, PhD
http://goertzel.org

“He not busy being born is busy dying" -- Bob Dylan