On 9/20/21, James Bowery <jabow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Functions are degenerate Relations.  Anyone that starts from a functional
> programming perspective has already lost the war.

Some concepts seem to be functions more naturally,
for example in programming you return a single value
instead of a set of values.  You either perform an action
or not.

But I see that relations do play a central role in categorical logic.

> Here's a question for ya'll:
>
> What is the Relational generalization of Curry-Howard?

Let me see... a relation is a sub-object of the Cartesian product of
two domains or types, such as A × B.  A sub-object of A × B is a new type,
call it R, whose elements are propositions such as aRb or R(a,b).

According to the book "Lectures on the CHI",
a relation, such as R, is a type constructor,
a proposition, such as aRb, is a dependent type.
The type constructor returns a new type aRb for each a ∈ A and b ∈ B.