Stephan,
After reading your plan of action, I have a lot of doubts about what you
want to do.
People have tried similar approaches before and in my opinion, they never
work. Basically, you want to REACT to some current prices and make
decisions on entry and exit points.
Also, you talk about closing a trade when you have reached a certain gain
or loss. All these things will not really work simply because every time
you react to the market it is too late. Even if you identify inflections on
a price curve by the time you are able to place a trade the price has moved
away enough that you will not be able to realize a gain. The only hope is
to have some predictive algo, it can be done and in my opinion, are the
only algos that really work (at least on paper). You have to still deal
with slippage and costs but these can be addressed more easily if you have
a predictive algo.
But do a lot of backtesting with your ideas and you will find out.
My experience is that no matter what others will tell you, you need to find
out these things by yourself to build intuition.
But while I hope you will find the holy grail soon, the reality is to find
a good universal trading system is a very damn difficult problem, many the
most difficult problem of all.
Giovanni