On Tuesday, June 20, 2023, at 4:58 PM, James Bowery wrote:
> Sex, in the form of programmed termination of its clone armies (ie:
> individual multicellular organisms made up of magnificently complex
> quasi-civilizations of specialized of "dividuals" with widely varying
> expressions of their identical DNA) via cell death, denies such "immortality"

That's the start of evolution, where it tries very random mutations still even
though it now combines mother and father traits when making a baby. At the end
of evolution, at least at smaller structure  scales, things will settle on a
"best tech form" reached where nearly no mutation is needed. The singularity
changes everything at the very end. Once AGI is made, they don't need to die
anymore, they can live past 100 years old, including 1,000,000 years old. They
need to fear death individually. They do also need to upgrade though until are
close to perfect. There is a way to seamlessly upgrade without dying, man does
that everyday actually kind of. When we get old we are rather quite different
but still ok with that. Human death is a rather dramatic event that can end up
with LOST data. See? It could for example at least let you drive back home and
tell your daughter important knowledge before you pass awake in a truck from
for example a heart attack. This is a very unplanned event, that makes you mad,
and others mad, even if you end up quasi teleported to your next employee, it
still makes him mad that you never trained him for the same job!! You were
needed. AIs will not do that, they will be much happier with a planned upgrade
system. They will keep a more "immortal" form with less changes that were not
planned. That's be unexpected events. A pattern across the galactica is also
the same thing - a "planned". Planned because it is expected, because if you
have a, and a, and a, and another a, a comes next, that's a pattern, it is
clones. AIs like planned events, is same as saying it likes immortality of
self. Making more copies ensures self has longer life due to larger defense
homeworld shielding and even larger self is possible if really want to throw
that out there.