On Tue, Jun 27, 2023 at 10:56 AM Matt Mahoney <mattmahone...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ...judge people by their appearance and anyone who says they don't is
> lying.

Judgement is decision.  Sequential Decision Theory's aspect of AIXI
requires a utility function aka value system.  Even if we could all agree
on what IS the case (Algorithmic Information's aspect of AIXI), we will
have different value systems hence will come to different judgements.   The
fundamental conflict that is emerging in humanity as a whole now -- and one
that may well kill billions for no good reason -- is that some of us behave
as though we believe it is not legitimate for people to have different
value systems.  These supremacists -- supremacists in the first dictionary
sense of the word -- don't _think_ of themselves in this way.  They usually
think of themselves as merely attempting to educate the ignorant among us
about what IS the case because they believe our decisions are based on that
ignorance.  They want to cram "education" down our throats so we can become
"enlightened" and thereby cease making such bad judgements -- AND IF WE
INSIST ON SEPARATING FROM THEM THEY'LL COME GET OUR CHILDREN.

People have really had it with this theocratic "your children are our
children" ethos that depopulates the most economically valuable
subpopulations in proportion to their degree of economic development.  The
most obvious solution to this is offered by Islamic extremists in
Afghanistan.  But if you don't believe "deplorables" in "Red America" are
willing and able to tear down technological civilization to protect their
bloodlines from being terminated as sterile workers for your Brave New
World, you're living in a dream world.  Nor is it just rural America or
Afghanistan. Look at what's emerging in Ukraine and the rhetoric about
nuclear war as an option coming out of Russia.

WTFU