On Sunday, August 06, 2023, at 7:06 PM, James Bowery wrote:
> Better compression requires not just correlation but causation, which is the
> entire point of going beyond statistics/Shannon Information criteria to
> dynamics/Algorithmic information criterion.
>
> Regardless of your values, if you can't converge on a global dynamical model
> of causation you are merely tinkering with subsystems in an incoherent
> fashion.  You'll end up robbing Peter to pay Paul -- having unintended
> consequences affecting your human ecologies -- etc.
>
> That's why engineers need scientists -- why OUGHT needs IS -- why SDT needs
> AIT -- etc.

I like listening to non-mainstream music for different perspectives. I wonder
what Cristopher Langan thinks of the IS/OUGHT issue with his atemporal
non-dualistic protocomputational view of determinism/causality. I like the idea
of getting rid of time…  and/or multidimensional time… Also I’m a big fan of
free will. Free will gives us a tool to fight totalitarian systems. We can
choose not to partake in systems, for example modRNA injections and CBDC's. So
we need to fight to maintain free will IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBjmne9X1VQ

John