I'm not sure what your point is. Omicron has about 30 mutations from
previous strains, much higher than the normal 5-6 mutations in earlier
strains like Alpha and Delta. Some theories at the time were that the
evolution occurred in a single patient who remained infected much longer
than usual, or that it spread from humans to mice and back to humans. In
either case the evolution followed the normal pattern of becoming weaker,
which makes it more contagious (because people are more likely to spread it
if they don't know they are infected or have mild symptoms) and to evade
the vaccine. I believe the mRNA vaccines were 95% effective against Alpha,
88% against Delta, and 12% against Omicron. I caught it at the peak of the
wave in January 2022 in spite of being triple vaxxed and only had a mild
sore throat and slight cough for a week. Most colds are worse.

But I'm not sure what this has to do with AGI except to delay it for a
couple of years. The world has mostly recovered from shutting down the
economy, but it will take longer for children's test scores to recover from
closing schools and for scientific cooperation between the USA and China to
be restored, if it ever is. China is investing heavily in chip production
due to foolish US export controls on GPUs and fab equipment, but it will
take several more years before they dominate the market.