On Tue, May 28, 2024, 11:37 PM <immortal.discover...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 28, 2024, at 3:18 PM, Matt Mahoney wrote:
>
> Everything you want can be delivered by self driving carts.
>
> By the time I got to this part I laughed, once again. That never gets old.

And furthermore we will live in homes without kitchens because getting hot
meals delivered will be faster and cheaper than shopping and cooking.

The reason it is not cheaper now is because you need humans to prepare the
food and deliver it. Vehicles are expensive because they have to be big
enough to hold the driver. Self driving carts about the size and speed of
e-bikes could deliver meals for a few cents. Stores will convert to
warehouses for pickup and delivery only to reduce the cost of security.

Amazon experimented with using drones for delivery. Surely they are looking
for ways to fire their drivers. With small, self driving vehicles, delivery
times could be reduced from days to hours or minutes.