Re: metrics

The most important metric, obviously, is whether GPT can pass for a doctor
on the US Medical Licensing Exam by scoring the requisite 60%.

https://healthitanalytics.com/news/chatgpt-passes-us-medical-licensing-exam-without-clinician-input

Also important is that 4 outperforms 3.5 by being 90% total percentile,
rather than bottom-10%-of-passing for bar exams.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoetsier/2023/03/14/gpt-4-beats-90-of-lawyers-trying-to-pass-the-bar/?sh=34a49ab03027

As is classic to the AI communities, there will now be mental gymnastics as
to why tests made for humans are not appropriate for machines (shouldn't
the tests... test the ability to produce desired behavior?  Isn't that why
we have tests?) or how the machines simply studied to the tests (which is
very different from our Dignified Medical Students who absolutely never do
that ever during their last semester in medical school).

As a public service announcement - uploading pictures of rashes and
infections to GPT4 basically produces reliable identification and treatment
protocols.  Don't trust everything you see on the Internet, obviously...
But also seek second opinions from doctors...  After all...  60% is passing.