On Tuesday, June 18, 2024, at 10:37 AM, Matt Mahoney wrote:
> The p-zombie barrier is the mental block preventing us from understanding
> that there is no test for something that is defined as having no test for.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie

Perhaps we need to get past the definitions barrier and tear down that mental
block. There is little consensus on the p-zombie thing... just because one is
incapable of figuring out a way to test for something doesn't mean that there
is no possible test. And to proclaim something as untestable in an attempt to
prohibit searches for such tests is really just an invite for curious and
capable individuals to develop some sort of test.

What is hiding behind that p-zombie barrier where people want it to remain
hidden. There is something there...and it needs to be tested for.