On Thu, 2026-10-01 at 18:38 +0000, Bill Hibbard via AGI wrote:
> The race to advanced AI among nations and corporations is
> driving them to take the fast, cheap, and dangerous path.

Are open source inference engines (coded in C++, GPL license, compiled
by GCC which is also a compiler mostly coded in C++ and also GPL
licensed) considered on this mailing list as AI software?

For your information I am French, I did contribute to GCC (see
https://arxiv.org/abs/1109.0779 ...) and am now coding in C++ an
inference engine for expert systems.

Today (Oct 1, 2026 evening in France) the code base is very messy (on
github.com and also on refpersys.org)

In other words, what is an advanced AI software, and what are examples
of advanced AI whose source code is open source (perhaps partly
generated by open source software, including itself).

Regards.

NB: Sorry for my poor English, I am French.
-- 

Basile STARYNKEVITCH                           
<[email protected]>
8 rue de la Faïencerie                      
http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/  
92340 Bourg-la-Reine                        
https://github.com/bstarynk
France                               
https://github.com/RefPerSys/RefPerSys
                  https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0908-5250

------------------------------------------
Artificial General Intelligence List: AGI
Permalink: 
https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/Tc0ac46f2c46f6874-M59caa2388d97ddb221cb4b43
Delivery options: https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/subscription

Reply via email to