> Let me try to cast the "hard problem" of consciousness into your
Buddhistic
> language.
>
> The "hard problem" is how
>
> -- possession of "the causes and conditions for thought to arise"
>
> leads to
>
> -- "consciousness" of interpenetratedness

This is difficult and I'm not sure I fully understand it myself.  All I can
say is that thru stilling the thinking mind and abiding in the present
moment, pure awareness arises where the usual dsitinctions of self and other
fall away.  One then abides in the store consciousness, which is not an
enlightened state.  Certain things can occur in this state of mind that
affirm its universal nature, but I this particular point, I really have
nothing else to say.

> > Anger, lust, love and compassion, etc all are
> > potentialities within the SC.  It is useful to think of them as seeds.
> > whatever seed is watered, that is what will grow.
>
> So the "hard problem" is the watering process ;-)

When you stop watering, then the sea becomes manifest, although it was never
elsewhere...

> > This is also
> > how species
> > seemingly in disparate locations can seem to operate as a unit.  A bird
in
> > France figures out how to open milk jugs after the milk man delivers
them,
> > and soon after the birds in Kansas are doing it as well...
>
> This is Sheldrake's "morphic resonance" phenomenon.  As with ESP and the
> like, I'm reserving judgment....  I really just don't know....

Thats Ok, i have a hard time with it too..

> > Thanks again for your thoughtful dialog.   Here in PA there's no
> > one to talk
> > to about such things. I'm really a marginal character in society
> > for sure :)
>
> Probably most of us on this list are "marginal characters", in the sense
you
> mean!  That's the wonder of e-mail...
>
> I'm fortunate to have a wife & kids who will indulge my babble on such
> things now & then ;)

You are blessed with that family...

Peace,
Kevin