> Your intuitions say... I am trying to summarize my impression of your
> viewpoint, please feel free to correct me... "AI morality is a matter of
> experiential learning, not just for the AI, but for the programmers.

Also, we plan to start Novamente off with some initial goals embodying
ethical notions.  These are viewed as "seeds" of its ultimate ethical goals.

So it's not the case that we intend to rely ENTIRELY on experiential
learning; we intend to rely on experiential learning from an engineering
initial condition, not from a complete tabula rasa.

-- Ben G

please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]