Thanks, Ben.  Looks really interesting. Hadn't seen it before.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ben Goertzel

Hi  all ,

As a digression from the recent threads on the Friendliness or otherwise of certain uncomputable, unimplementable AI systems, I thought I'd post something on some fascinating practical AI algorithms....  These are narrow-AI at present, but, they definitely have some AGI relevance.

Moshe Looks recently pointed out some very exciting work to me, by a guy named Eric Baum.

 ... Put simply, this guy seems to have actually made reinforcement learning work.