Hi,

I think this is natural. I would do the same, if my job would be to lead the creation of AGI in any group you have mentioned; try to collect the best brains, and monitor (and store) all important development happening. And they have more money for the job than any university, or other research facilities, groups. And also, I dont think they are publishing all their results, so they have a some advantage in creating the first AGI (but luckily there are a lot of civil competitors).

I can only hope that at least the first AGI will be friendly (for all humanity, and not a company or state), since in general they will be selfish concerning their owner (except if regulated centrally, like by Asimov).

Bests,
Márk