On 2/20/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think that you grossly underestimate the magnitude of what is being
proposed because the tag "development environment" has been attached to
it.    :-)

*grin* No, I think it's a big project, at least the version I have in mind
(on my to-do list for if and when I get the chance to spend a few years on
it) - bigger than some people's estimates for full AGI. I still think actual
AGI will be much much harder.

Note that I'm not talking about a stupid architecture where you hammer
yourself flat with nine million, small database calls.  I block move chunks
of data in and out and would move anything that uses more than a certain
amount of data into the database itself and operate on it there.

How do you propose to operate on data while it's stored in the database?
Commercial data processing usually performs no significant computation, just
storing and retrieving data, and DBs typically provide facilities for doing
that; but AI needs to perform heavy computation, don't you need to have your
working set in your processes' memory for that?