> PowerBuilder and Visual FoxPro.  Everyone is entitled to their
> opinion but if Math wasn't required at all in all my career, I fail
> to see how it is necessary for the creation on an AGI or

Building an AGI without math, I wonder what the design would look like.

> different creature.  How much Math do you think is
> used by the brains of most human beings?

Lots.  What math is not in there?  Where did all our math come from?  That
one string of zeros and ones that your whole computer language boils down
into and can be described with, how many bits is it and how many bits can
one brain be described with, and what would the mapping be between your
language's string and a brain's string.  If you could simplify that mapping
by incorporating some of it into your language's string, there could be some
pretty useful features in there.

> Would you define total introspection and many built-in tools to create
> efficient programs using programs to be "same old things rehashed"?

Yes.

For a language to succeed nowadays, there are new ones all the time, you
need something to get people using it.  If you could imagine a really,
really super advanced language created by super-intelligent giant brained
aliens (seriously) or created by their alien supercomputer, what would that
language be like?  Would it be a mishmash of lowest common denominators of
current "earth" computer languages permuted into something different and
optimized a little more?  What would it really have.  It would have features
that are breathtaking.  Would it have for-loops where the syntax is changed
a little?  Or OOP enhanced just a bit?  No.  You would see stuff that would
make your eyes twitch.  This may sound like a crazy way of looking at it and
perhaps for some not really useful but what reference points do we have for
new languages that would be useful?  I'm sure your language is more than
just a rehash and I'm not trying to put it down I'm just trying to generate
some ideas because realistically you could add one unique feature that could
potentially propel it into stardom.

John