On 3/25/07, Bob Mottram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've seen heated arguments over computer languages on AI-related forums many
times before, so I've no intention of pimping any particular language
specifically for AGI development.  Actually I think the state of the art in
software creation at the moment is still rather crummy, and not much better
than laborious text editing.  The pace of change in software tools is
agonisingly slow and the opinions of programmers soon become stale and
oscified.  When future historians look back at the progress of computer
technology they'll laugh about how crude the tools we use today are.

No disagreement here. But we have to work with what we have in order
to build the next generation. Back to work!

Btw it would be interesting to see what period of time will considered
"the dark ages of medicine" 1,000 years from now. I'm guessing through
2,100 AD at least.

Student of 3,000 A.D.: "You mean they couldn't cure cancer, treat
simple viruses or regrow limbs? Wow! That must have sucked!"

-Chuck