On 3/28/07, rooftop8000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
if you go commercial, it will force you to focus on the wrong
things to get direct results. There is no money in AGI (it takes too
long..
its exact aim is to avoid quick applications.. someone can just steal
your ideas once they are developed)
We could have a commercial project that is unconventional, for example,
selling the AGI at near-cost-value (thus making it more like a
non-profit), and expecting very long-term return-on-investment.

There is no money in AGI -- in the short term.  But there is a lot of money
in the long term, to be sure.

One thing that I really don't understand is why so many people I've talked
to about AGI insist on working for free.  If you can give me a little
explanation (of your view), I'd greatly appreciate it.  In my last AGI
project, my team kept debating the free vs commercial issue to the point
that no work got done! =(

(I think focusing on some core algorithms forces you to throw
away useful things and you end up with an incomplete system..
but this is my personal belief)

Some other people can develop the non-core parts, so that would not be a
problem.
It seems that you still prefer the public-contribution idea.  How do you
solve the problem of making the modules work together?

YKY