>> In http://cs.fit.edu/~mmahoney/compression/rationale.html I argue the
>> equivalence of text compression with AI.

We've had this argument before so I'll summarize . . . .

Knowledge compression may well be mostly equivalent with the "logical view" of
AI.  Text, however, can express the same knowledge in a near infinitude of
different forms.  Requiring an AI to decompress the same knowledge into a
variety of different forms based upon what was input is a tremendously more
difficult problem than AI without that requirement (and having that requirement
doesn't seem to have any benefit).