  From: Benjamin Goertzel
  To: agi@v2.listbox.com
  Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 2:03 PM
  Subject: Re: [agi] Circular definitions of intelligence

  I guess I don't really understand your formalism, i.e.

  -- how you define a "world-state" ... do you mean a set of elementary
world-states described by some logical predicate?
  -- how do you define the size of a world-state ... would it be the complexity
of that predicate?

  thx
  ben

  On 4/27/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    >> I don't like this so much, because two sets of world-states with equal
measure (size) may have very different complexity...

    I don't believe so because "complex" world states are by definition larger
since they have more variables to vary (and thus more points/states/variables).
 It is true that one "complex" world-state is equivalent to multiple "simple"
world states, but this is just the behavior that I desire/expect for my
definition.

    If you're sure that I'm wrong, please provide an example . . . .