To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: [agi] rule-based NL system

On 4/28/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You are right that NLP implies the processing of world-view, I just
> remind that general world-view management should be outsourced to the
> AGI core.

I agree. My mental separation is that the NLP "module" simply consists of the parser and the generator but that they absolutely require the contents
of (i.e. some form of access or calls to) the knowledge base/world model.
HOWEVER, in order to make NLP easier, I am making some very important
assumptions about the view of the knowledge base/world model that the NLP
module is using -- which then leads to a number of seriously simplifying
assumptions.

So, in the "real" context of an AGI, you make her responsible for
talking to you in this simplified language, which just pushes language
understanding under her carpet ;-)
(joking here)

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;