Russell Wallace wrote:

*sigh* I thought you knew better than this. The idea that the bottleneck in AGI was the discovery of "secret sauce" algorithms was excusable back in the 80s. We've known better for a good many years now. Ditto across the board: sure there is this and that algorithm that isn't known that would make life somewhat easier, but in practice the limiting factor is almost entirely in putting the pieces together the right way, and hardly at all in missing any particular piece.

Belldandy preserve us. You think you know everything you need to know, have every insight you require, to put a sentient being together? That the rest is just an implementation detail? That, moreover, *any* modern computer scientist knows it?

What can I say, but: