On 6/1/07, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Belldandy preserve us.  You think you know everything you need to
know, have every insight you require, to put a sentient being
together?  That the rest is just an implementation detail?  That,
moreover, *any* modern computer scientist knows it?

Belldandy preserve us indeed! I thought you were at least a little more in
tune with reality than that. Please reread the last hundred times I
explained why creating a sentient being ab initio is completely infeasible
for you, me or anyone else.

(James Rogers' post needs a more technical reply and it's 7 am here, will
put together a reply when I've had some sleep.)