On Saturday 02 June 2007 04:35:57 am Samantha Atkins wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2007, at 4:07 PM, Bob Mottram wrote:
>

> > Although I'm an open source fan I don't think I would ever sign up to
> > the things you're proposing.  Forcing developers to pay a fee before
> > they use your system simply ensures that no developers will join your
> > project.
>
> Yep.  Calling such a system "open source" is a bad joke.  It certainly
> can't be certified as Open Source.

Indeed. I would go so far as to predict that such a project would violate GPL3
at least, and thus couldn't use existing open source software (e.g. Linux).

Personally, I use a huge amount of open source stuff, and I feel it's only
right for me to contribute what I produce back into the pool. I'm MUCH better
off building on that base than trying to reinvent it or buy it.

Josh