On 6/9/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
...Same goes for most software developed by this method–almost
all the great open source apps are me-too knockoffs of innovative
proprietary programs, and those that are original were almost always created
under the watchful eye of a passionate, insightful overseer or organization.

Obviously the author hasn't bothered looking at many open source projects.

There are swaths of innovative usable open source projects. The thing
is, they are often not noticed, because innovative does not
necessarily mean useful to everyone who owns a computer.

I'm also more convinced that the opposite is true: open source
innovation leads to commercial knock-offs. e.g. iTunes is a piece of
crap in comparison to amarok.