Beyond AI pp 253-256, 339. I've written a few thousand words on the subject,
myself.

a) the most likely sources of AI are corporate or military labs, and not just
US ones. No friendly AI here, but profit-making and "mission-performing" AI.

b) the only people in the field who even claim to be interested in building
friendly AI (SIAI) aren't even actually building anything.

c) of all the people at the AGI conf last year who were trying to build AGI,
none of them had any idea how to make it friendly or even any coherent idea
what friendliness might really mean. Yet they're all building away.

d) same can be said of the somewhat wider group of builders on this mailing
list.

In other words, nobody knows what "friendly" really means, nobody's really
trying to build a friendly AI, and more people are seriously trying to build
an AGI every time I look.

Who could seriously think that ALL AGIs will then be built to be friendly?

Josh