> AGI is poorly suited for venture capital in every case I can think
> of.  Ignoring everything else, it tends to leave the venture
> constantly begging for capital which has serious consequences on
> performance and reputation.  It is a Catch-22, though perhaps well-
> deserved.
>
> In short, traditional venture capital is a poor finance model for
> AGI.  Which does not suggest other finance models.

I think that AGI for agent control in virtual worlds is not so hopeless
in terms of appealing to VC's ... there's a real market there, and there's
clearly a situation where more and more powerful AGI can yield more and
more profits...

Having said that, I would still prefer to avoid the VC route for Novamente.

I have talked to a number of VC's in recent months -- and by and large they
want to pigeonhole us as a company that forever will be focused on whatever
our first product is gonna be.... (If your first product is for instance an
animal
in virtual worlds then -- bingo! -- you're a virtual animal company!!)

VC's in nearly all cases don't have a long time horizon, so to find an AGI
opportunity that synergizes with their needs requires a good bit of luck...

-- Ben