On 11/10/07, Edward W. Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ben Goertzel and his Novamente is best architect/architecture I know of.
> I had independently come with a similar approach myself (I could have
> written 80-85% of that summary of Novamente's architecture in my recent
> post before I read about Novamente, so I am one of those people, but I am
> really weak as some things (like deep dish math) and Ben is considerably
> ahead of, and more knowledgable than, me.

I too like what Ben has published of his approach, but it is not yet a
fully specified solution.

Have you ever done project management?  Do you have any appreciation
of the fallacy of claiming to know something is 90% X when 100% X
remains unspecified?  That's not "deep dish math", but simple algebra,
and admittedly uncommon sense.

As for the existence proof of human intelligence, to know of a path's
existence does not entail knowing the path itself.  What we know of
the brain does appear to imply, however, that once we have an
effective design, the product will arrive very quickly.

- Jef