I think the media coverage of "mouse brain simulation" was a little
misleading.  What I think they actually achieved was to simulate many
neurons based upon the Izhikevich model on a large computer at a rate
significantly slower than real time.  As far as I know there was no
attempt to actually simulate the brain structures of a mammal.