On Wednesday 14 November 2007 11:55, Richard Loosemore wrote:
> I was really thinking of the data collection problem:  we cannot take
> one brain and get full information about all those things, down to a
> sufficient level of detail.  I do not see such a technology even over
> the horizon (short of full-blow nanotechnology) that can deliver
> that. We can get different information from different individual
> brains (all of them dead), but combining that would not necessarily
> be meaningful: all brains are different.

Re: all brains are different. What about the possibilities of cloning
mice and then proceeding to raise them in Skinner boxes with the exact
same environmental conditions, the same stimulation routines, etc. ?
Ideally this will give us a "baseline" mouse that is not only
genetically similar, but also behaviorally similar to some degree. This
would undoubtedly be helpful in this quest.

- Bryan