On Nov 29, 2007 11:35 PM, Mike Tintner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Presumably, human learning isn't that slow though - if you simply count the
> number of attempts made before any given movement is mastered at a basic
> level (.e.g crawling/ walking/ grasping/ tennis forehand etc)? My guess
> would be that, for all the frustrations involved, we need relatively few
> attempts. Maybe in the hundreds or thousands at most?

It seems to take tots a damn lot of trials to learn basic skills, and we have
plenty of inductive bias in our evolutionary wiring...

> But then it seems increasingly clear that we use maps/ graphics/ schemas to
> guide our movements -  have you read the latest Blakeslee book on body maps?

So does Novamente, it uses an internal simulation-world (among other
mechanism)... but that doesn't
magically make learning rapid, though it makes it more tractable...

ben