Sounds like the worst case scenario: computations that need between say 20 and
100 PCs. Too big to run on a very souped up server (4-way Quad processor with
128GB RAM) but to scale up to a 100 Beowulf PC cluster typically means a factor
10 slow-down due to communications (unless it's a
local-data/computation-intensive algorithm) so you actually haven't gained much
in the process. {Except your AGI is now ready for a distributed computing
environment, which I believe luckily Novamenta was explicitely designed for.}
:)

=Jean-Paul

Research Associate: CITANDA
Post-Graduate Section Head
Department of Information Systems
Phone: (+27)-(0)21-6504256
Fax: (+27)-(0)21-6502280
Office: Leslie Commerce 4.21

>>> "Benjamin Goertzel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2007/12/07 15:06 >>>
I don't think we need more than hundreds of PCs to deal with these things,
but we need more than a current PC, according to the behavior of our
current algorithms.