I had been thinking about something along these lines, though not worded as you
have in this message yet.

What I would be most interested in at this point is a knowledge gathering
system somewhere along these lines, where the main AGI could be
centralized/clustered or distributed, but where questions and information would
be posed to the Bot on each persons node and collected together.
The system would remember any facts and domain that a person has contributed so
any future unique questions could be posed to the knowledgeable expert users.
  This would allow a large amount of knowledge to be extracted in a distributed
manner, keeping track of the quality of information gathered from each person
as a trust metric, and many facts would be gathered and checked for truth.

  Mainly the system should have an ability to ACTIVELY go out in search of the
answer, by chatting with known users to find and confirm any conflicting
results.

For instance, it would randomly ask me "Who is the highest paid baseball
player?"
and I would pass on that question... the system would put a lower score for any
further baseball questions sent towards me, but based on my answering of other
computer questions and ones about Austin, TX, it would be more likely to ask me
questions about them.
And only me and a couple other people here would get the questions about
Austin, TX.

Something along the lines of a higher quality Yahoo Questions, with an active
component, and central knowledge base.
I think the knowledge base is one of the most important pieces of these, and
hope to start seeing some more of ppls ideas and implementations of KR db's.

James Ratcliff

Matt Mahoney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: --- Jean-Paul Van Belle  wrote:

> Hi Matt, Wonderful idea, now it will even show the typical human trait of
> lying...when i ask it "do you still love me?" most answers in its database
> will have Yes as an answer  but when i ask it 'what's my name?' it'll call
> me John?

My proposed message posting service allows anyone to contribute to its
knowledge base, just like Wikipedia, so it could certainly contain some false
or useless information.  However, the number of peers that keep a copy of a
message will depend on the number of peers that accept it according to the
peers' policies, which are set individually by their owners.  The network
provides an incentive for peers to produce useful information so that other
peers will accept it.  Thus, useful and truthful information is more likely to
be propagated.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;