On 12/12/07, James Ratcliff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   This would allow a large amount of knowledge to be extracted in a
> distributed manner, keeping track of the quality of information gathered
> from each person as a trust metric, and many facts would be gathered and
> checked for truth.

> Something along the lines of a higher quality Yahoo Questions, with an
> active component, and central knowledge base.
> I think the knowledge base is one of the most important pieces of these, and
> hope to start seeing some more of ppls ideas and implementations of KR db's.

I believe where you said "central knowledge base" you mean
"distributed KB" - right?  The idea of keeping local KB at each node
shares the burden for storage/bandwidth to every node in the network.
Your trust metrics are how nodes conditionally connect for per-topic
fact-checking.

I have already volunteered my free CPU/bandwidth to a prototype of
this model.  Of course, I'd like to be a collaborator of mechanisms
involved in addition to a user of the grid.  Even if it starts out
only a toy or hobby, it would still teach us a great deal.