On Jan 13, 2008 7:40 PM, Richard Loosemore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And, as I indicated, my particular beef was with Shane Legg's paper,
> which I found singularly content-free.

Shane Legg and Marcus Hutter have a recent publication on this topic,
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/jm81548387248180/
which is much richer in content.

Whether you can agree with their opinion is a different matter. For
example, they write: "We consider the addition of resource limitations
to the definition of intelligence to be either superfluous, or wrong",
and mine seems to be taken as an example of the latter case. :-(

Pei