2008/1/14 William Pearson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I would define the similarity of the
> functions that it is possible to be interested in as.
>
> St =  F(S(t-1),P)
>
> That is the current state is important to what change is made to the
> state. For example a man coming across the percept "Oui, bien sieur,"
> would change his state in a different way depending upon whether he
> was already fluent in french or not.
>
> This doesn't really change the rest of your argument, but I feel it is
> important.

That is correct for all deterministic systems, like Turing Machine.
However, I really don't like to describe the internal situations of a
system (or the external situation of its environment) using "state".
Though it is the common practice, this notion implies that the
description is complete and precise, which is often impossible. In
this paper, you can see that I only mentioned "state" in the first
category (Structure-AI), and leave it out for the other categories,
even though for those we still can discuss their states, as you
suggested.

> > Consequently, it becomes a special case of my "Principle-AI", with a
> > compound function:
> >    AC = GC(FC(PC)), AH = GH(FH(PH)), GC(FC()) ≈ GH(FH())

> That would depend on whether the ≈ relation is exactly. If you assume
> it has the same meaning when used above there are possible meanings
> for it where the relation (FC ≈ FH & GC ≈GH) does not imply (GC(FC())
> ≈ GH(FH())).

Of course. What I gave is a very rough relation.

> Consider the meaning of ≈ x and y are similar because they can be
> transformed to a reference programs of a reference language of the
> same length + or - 20 bytes. This would mean the representation for
> GC(FC()) would be within + or - 40 bytes of GH(FH()). Which wouldn't
> be the same relation.

No, that is not the kind of situation I'm talking about. At the
current stage, I'm not really trying to propose a quantitative
measurement for intelligence or the similarity between systems.
Instead, I'm looking for qualitative difference among working
definitions of intelligence. I just have to assume that it is
meaningful to talk about the similarity between systems in several
aspects, and that will be enough for the conclusion of the paper.

Pei