The article on the fate of the two AI researchers was interesting.  Perhaps
many here share their belief that AGI will vastly change the world.  It is
however unfortunate that they did not seek medical help for their symptoms of
depression - no one needs to suffer that kind of pain.  They were so young.

Regarding the striking similarity between their approach to AI, MindPixel was
commercial so I never looked at it, but I did look at the OpenMind/ConceptNet
content while at Cycorp for possible import into Cyc.  The chief error that
OpenMind made was that the web forms did not perform a semantic analysis of the
input, and therefore it was not possible to filter out the ill-formed,
sarcastic, or false statements.  In my own work, I hope to motive a multitude
of volunteers to interact with a compelling, intelligent English dialog system.
 My work will acquire knowledge and skills as logical statements based upon the
ontology of OpenCyc.  Meta assertions can attach an optional belief probability
when appropriate.

The positive, confirming result the I take away from both MindPixel and
OpenMind is that volunteers performed several million interactions with their
rudimentary interfaces.   I will be following down that path too.

I'll make a further announcement about my dialog system in a separate post to
keep this thread on topic.

-Steve

Stephen L. Reed
Artificial Intelligence Researcher