On 2/28/08, William Pearson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Note I want something different than computational universality. E.g.
> Von Neumann architectures are generally programmable, Harvard
> architectures aren't. As they can't be reprogrammed at run time.

It seems that you want to build the AGI from the "programming" level.  This
is in contrast to John MacCarthy's "declarative" paradigm.  Your approach
offers more flexibility (perhaps maximum flexibility), but may not make AGI
easier to build.  Learning, in your case, is a matter of algorithmic
learning.  It may be harder / less efficient than logic-based learning.

YKY