On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 4) If you think some supernatural being placed an insight in your mind,
>  > you're
>  > probably better off NOT mentioning this when discussing the insight in a
>  > scientific forum, as it will just cause your idea to be taken way less
>  > seriously
>  > by a vast majority of scientific-minded people...
>
>  Awesome answer!
>
>  However, only *some* religions believe in supernatural beings and I,
>  personally, have never seen any evidence supporting such a thing.

I've got one in a jar in my basement ... but don't worry, I won't let him out
till the time is right ;-) ...

and so far, all his AI ideas have proved to be
absolute bullshit, unfortunately ... though he's done a good job of helping
me put hexes on my neighbors...

>  Have you been having such experiences and been avoiding mentioning them
>  because you're afraid for your reputation?
>
>  Ben, I'm worried about you now.    ;-)

Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC
Director of Research, SIAI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"If men cease to believe that they will one day become gods then they
will surely become worms."
-- Henry Miller