Now what I was reaching for at the beginning - was that all the talk of developing bodies of knowledge in AI/AGI, that I'm seeing, seems to belong to the "old days" of "separate committees." Mark's comment, for example, seemed to me reasonably typical - essentially : "we can leave testing till later - that's a separate department."

I think you may want to check with Mark on that one: you seemed to be talking about different things. You: the system testing its expectations in real time. Him: the idea of validating a knowledgebase offline. At least, that is the way it looked on a cursory glance.

You're being bigoted again -- i.e.seeing what you expect to see instead of what was there . . . .

Whenever you're tempted to say something disparaging like "reasonably typical", maybe you should look again before making asinine comments.

I said absolutely nothing like "we can leave testing till later - that's a separate department."

What I said was that since we didn't even have a grip on "how do you do it (acquire knowledge and store it)" -- it was absolutely ludicrous to start thinking about metrics of how to measure it -- since you have no idea what you're going to be measuring.

I believe that I was also quite clear with my follow-on comment of "a cart before the horse problem. Once we know how to acquire and store knowledge, then we can develop metrics for testing it -- but, for now, it's too early to go after the problem." as well.

I don't intend to answer you for a couple of days now. I'm tired of this arrogant strawman crap.