Derek Zahn said:
I have not been able yet to successfully grasp exactly what counts as
complex and what does not, and for things in between, how to judge the
"degree" of complexity.
------------------------

I don't know what Loosemore's definitions are, but I do not believe
that a measure of the degree of complexity would be useful except for
some special constrained definitions of the term.  The fact that you
already have a sense that the degree of complexity is a relevant issue
means that you already understand something of the concept.  The fact
that 'degree' has some relevance to the concept and yet it is
difficult for you (or me) to figure out how one would go about judging
the magnitude of it represents an important and significant insight
about the concept of complexity as it is used in reference to general
intelligence.

Jim Bromer