As usual, it is a matter of degree --- each of the communities Alexei
listed has some similarity with AGI in the research goals and
techniques explored, but at the same time, there are noticeable
differences in the assumptions and focuses, which are not merely a
difference in name.

Given what is going on, we can expect closer relationship among these
communities in the future, though probably not a complete merging very
soon.

Pei