On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:18 PM, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think one can now present a convincing case why any symbolic/linguistic
>  approach to AGI, that is not backed by THE SECRET SAUCE, simply will
>  not work.

I don't think this is an accurate paraphrase of Mike's statement. "X
is secret sauce" implies X to be _both necessary and sufficient_ (or
at least that the other ingredients are trivial compared to X) - a
type of claim AI has certainly seen plenty of. But Mike's claim, if I
understand it correctly, is that visual/spatial capability is
necessary but not sufficient for AGI. (A position I also hold.)