--- "Dr. Matthias Heger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Humans uses and create object oriented descriptions of the world
> similar to the paradigms of object oriented programming

Object oriented programming is good for organizing software but I don't
think for organizing human knowledge.  It is a very rough
approximation.  We have used O-O for designing ontologies and expert
systems (IS-A links, etc), but this approach does not scale well and
does not allow for incremental learning from examples.  It totally does
not work for language modeling, which is the first problem that AI must
solve.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]