----- Vladimir Nesov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote
:

>  So you explain qualia by a certain destination of perception in the
brain? I
>  do not think that this can be all. But it will be as I have said: Some
day
>  we can describe the whole physiological process
>  of qualia but we will never be able to explain and understand it.

Please read Yudkowsky's explanation of what constitutes an explanation
-- being in a "mysterious question"[*] trap is no good for any
researcher...

http://yudkowsky.net/bayes/technical.html

[*] http://www.overcomingbias.com/2007/08/mysterious-answ.html

<<<<<<<<<<

In my opinion I have proven that qualia can never be explained though if we
have better brain scanner then qualia can be described by physical
processes. But I think I have shown that it must be  processes which we do
not understand how or why they really describe qualia.

It is well known that not everything can be explained. Life was a great
mystery. But the conclusion is wrong to say that we can explain qualia
because we solved the mystery of life.

Qualia is an intrinsic property of mind. This makes it completely different
from the pheneomenon of gravity or life which can be observed by many
people. You can ask someone what he sees when a stone falls to earth. And
you can compare his results with your results. But you can never compare
your qualia with another persons qualia. I do not think that qualia is
something mystery which is beyond physics. But it is something which cannot
be explained without self references.

If you are pleased with explanations like the following, ok:
1 +1 = 2 because
1+1 = 2+2 - (1+1) = 2*(1+1) -(1+1) = 2*2 -2 =2

Every step in the explanation is correct. But there are steps which uses the
thing which should be proven. So this proof that 1+1=2 depends on 1+1=2.
Therefore it is no proof.

Other unsolvable problems:
To know that a watch changes its state when time goes by does not explain
anything what time is.

The cause for the big bang is also a mystery which possibly can never be
explained.

We know without any doubt that there can be no algorithm which solves every
halting problem.

So you see: There are hard and unsolvable problems in this world.
This is fact and no mystery.
And I think my argumentation shows that qualia is one of them.