2008/6/22 William Pearson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> 2008/6/22 Vladimir Nesov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Well since intelligence explosions haven't happened previously in our
> light cone, it can't be a simple physical pattern

Probably the last "intelligence explosion" - a relatively rapid
increase in the degree of adaptability capabile of being exhibited by
an organism - was the appearance of the first Homo sapiens.  The
number and variety of tools created by Homo sapiens compared to
earlier hominids indicate that this was one of the great leaps forward
in history (probably greatly facilitated by a more elaborate language
ability).

> If you take
> the intelligence explosion scenario seriously you won't write anything
> in public forums that might help other people make AI. As bad/ignorant
> people might get hold of it and cause the first explosion.

I don't fear intelligence, only ignorance.