Steve:
  I think there is a confusion here in the meaning of "logic". Specifically,
consider...
  1,  Logic- that body of boolean and probabilistic methods that would be
unavoidable on the way to a degree in Physics, Math, Electronics, etc. (your
apparent meaning)
  2.  Logic - the body of all possible methods, with research continuing into
new methods as problems are discovered that old methods fail to resolve. There
are many minor disciplines that have developed their own special methods, e.g.
police creating the "prisoner's dilemma"; negotiators always looking for the
"win-win solution" (which is a LOT like Reverse Reductio ad Absurdum); game
theory, where the final step is to choose AT RANDOM between the various courses
of action, according to carefully calculated probabilities, etc. Taken together
these provide a qualitative leap in problem solving abilities that has yet to
be appreciated by any but the few who are fully up to speed on these methods

  Steve,

  I certainly do mean what is normally meant by logic - the discipline that is
of central interest to most people here.

  "Type 2 Logic" is Steve Richfield's invention, and not in common currency.
You seem to be equating it in theory to "any use of reason". And yet at the
same time, you also seem in practice mainly to be talking about normal logic,
hence "Reverse Reductio ad Absurdum."

  I would suggest you pin it down more precisely, otherwise confused
communications are inevitable.

  My general point is that the proper business of AGI is problematic, open,
ill-structured problems  (real world problems) for which ANY predetermined
method or structure of problem-solving is wrong, (or since there is no "right"
or "wrong" with such problems, "superineffective") -  and which usually demand
(unstructured) investigation of the relevant environment to find fresh options
and evidence.

  Narrow AI= structured problemsolving, True AGI= unstructured problemsolving,
where the agent must create a structure ad hoc. I may try to give examples
another time (it's a long business to do properly). But every academic essay,
every post here, every conversation and AFAIK the actual *composing* of every
computer program is a problematic problem - insoluble by any structured
problemsolving. Unless you're happy with something like the Postmodern Essay
Generator,
  http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo/
  (It doesn't really work, but then neither do postmodern essays).