Hi Steve.

> WOW, could you send me a copy? Please  ;-)

I'll send you one to private mail when I get back to my computer,
but you can find the papers on my webpage anyway.

> Could you give me enough to find them with Google? I would think that if
> there is a lot out there, that they would have one at WORLDCOMP, but I
> haven't seen any such thing there.

The acronyms of the most popular conferences are LICS, ICALP,
STACS, CSL, LPAR (and partially STOC and FOCS). Google will easily
find them. Many of them have not only logic but algorithms as well, so
you should be careful to pick the right papers - but this will be hard without
some experience in theoretical computer science, as these are normally
very technical papers often focused on a particular domain or logic.

> I list game theory as an advanced form of logic, but few real-world
> situations (outside of American football and some quick-reacting war
> strategy situations) are structured as Game Theory presumes.
>
> My interest is more in new forms of logic that are applicable to complex
> repair situations and real-world intractable disputes. Game theory might
> tell you how to fight, but seldom does it point the way to a peaceful
> resolution.

What you write about game theory is false - classical game theory
is very much concerned with studying cooperative situations and
mechanisms to obtain peaceful outcomes. There is a recent good
book on it by A.M. Brandenburger and B.J. Nalebuff called
Co-opetition: this is a good non-technical reading. Many people
give credit to game theory for the peaceful outcome of the cold
war, so it surely has practical cooperative consequences.

I'm not sure to what kind of introductory reading I can point you to,
as I'm not sure what you want. Did you take university courses
in logic and game theory? Starting with the basics really pays off,
and nowadays for example cnx.org has a respectable first course
in logic, so you can do it from home for starters.

Lukasz