2008/8/28 Mike Tintner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> (I still think  of course that current AGI should have a not-so-ill
> structured definition of its problem-solving goals).

It's certainly true that an AGI could be endowed with well defined
goals.  Some people also begin from an early age with well defined
goals.  However, you then need to look more carefully at where these
goals originated.  Children who have well defined goals about what
they wish to do with their lives are often simply downloading these
from parents.  Similarly in the AGI case you could have high level
goals artificially inserted by a human programmer.  In both natural
and artificial cases you could then ask whether these systems are
truly intelligent, or merely acting as clever executors.